Weeks 21-22-23

Tuesday, March 29, 2016






Weeks 21-22-23 | an update

How far along: 21-22-23 weeks

Best moment these 3 weeks: 
Spending time outdoors! We just returned from our Florida vacation, and we all had so much fun getting outdoors and spending time in the sunshine after being cooped up all winter. Also got to hear baby's heartbeat today at my OB checkup. Baby #2 has had a much more consistent heart rate than C, who was all over the place, and has been holding steady at 150 bpm for my last three checkups.

Maternity clothes: 
I've been mixing and matching this past couple of weeks as we've been on vacation in a warmer locale. The great thing about my summer wardrobe is I have several dresses that are flowy enough that they cover the bump without needing to be actual maternity clothes...yet. We went on a warm weather babymoon while awaiting C's arrival, so I did break into some of my maternity dresses for our trip, and can't wait until it's warm enough at home to wear them on the reg... so comfortable! I also picked up a couple of new maternity swimsuits (here & here) that were super cute for lounging by the pool or walking on the beach. Highly recommend the Liz Lange line of swimwear if you are in the market for a maternity swimsuit. I found they fit true to size.

Sleep: 
Ugh...still not great. The first part of our trip was likely because C was sandwiched between T & I all night...not about to sleep in a Pack'N'Play when mom and dad were in the same room with a king sized bed! Sleep was better for the second leg, but I still find myself waking up earlier than normal because baby is kicking my bladder. When I was expecting C, I didn't experience the frequent need to empty my bladder or poor sleep so early on, so it just goes to show how every pregnancy is different!

Miss Anything: 
Energy! Just when you think you have something back, you go on a beach vacation with a toddler who doesn't sit still. I am completely wiped out from our trip, and looking forward to getting back into our everyday routine with plenty of toys to play with, and no pool to worry about every second of our time spent outside. We do have a lake in our backyard, but C has yet to discover it, and it's not as easy to play in as the pool was, so I think we'll be OK for a couple of months yet until it really warms up and we are outdoors more.

Baby Movement: 
Lots! Usually noticed during the evening or mornings. We went for a boat ride on the ocean last week, and baby was kicking the entire time. I was happy when the ride was over to stop the assault on my ribs!

Cravings/Aversions: 
Still craving sweets. Luckily, on our trip, we spent tons of time outdoors walking around, so hopefully that triple chocolate brownie with black raspberry ice cream and chocolate syrup I had the last night of our trip was all burned off!

Symptoms: 
The usual suspects...fatigue (see chasing a toddler around a pool above), and joint/back pain. My left lower back has been bothering me off and on this entire pregnancy. Some days, I feel like I can barely get up from a chair or go on a walk without a serious amount of discomfort. I have almost cracked down to go visit a chiropractor, but honestly, I've only gone once in my entire life, and T is not a strong believer, so I have been holding off. 

Looking forward to: 
T & I are sneaking away this weekend for a mini babymoon getaway without C...and we can't wait! Don't get me wrong, we loved every minute of our Florida getaway as a family, but some trips are best spent as adult only adventures...you know...the ones where tons of walking, no napping, quiet venues, and late dinners are enjoyed. So, with barely a moment to catch our breaths, we are headed to the East coast to catch a glimpse of the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C.. It's been on our bucket list for a few years, and on a last minute decision, we decided to go for it since walking through quiet exhibits and museums all day isn't such an excellent activity for an active toddler + newborn. Who knows? Maybe we'll get there and see tons of little kiddos milling about the national mall taking in all the famous historical and political sites. Maybe we'll find that it is in fact a kid friendly trip. If so, we can always head back. In the meantime though, I think T & I will both enjoy taking in the sites like we did pre-kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...