2015 Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers & Secret Santa Ideas

Friday, November 20, 2015

Ahhh...the holiday season is upon us. It is currently a white out outside, and it had me thinking with Thanksgiving less than a week away, I should probably start to put some serious thought into holiday wish lists. Sometimes I think it's so easy to get wrapped up in searching out the perfect holiday wish list, that some of the smaller and more reasonably priced items on my list go without mention. Not every gift has to be a 'big ticket' item, and little packages often pack just as much punch and excitement upon receiving as the bigger items. Here's a list of some little things I'd like to find in my stocking or under the tree this holiday season!

Stocking Stuffers and Secret Santa Ideas

Lakeable Perfume // Buy Local! At a recent mom's group meeting, we had a guest speaker come from Okoboji Skincare and talk about makeup, skincare, etc. She recently created this all-natural perfume that is inspired by scents found around Lake Okoboji. After smelling it, I've got to agree, it evokes memories of warmer days spent by the lake, and is a great everyday scent that I'd love to add to my perfume collection.

Shiseido Benefiance Intensive Eye Contour Cream // I've recently been experimenting with different skin products, and after being told by the kind lady at the Estee Lauder counter that current recommendations by beauty experts state that we should start using eye cream at just 16 YEARS OLD, I'm feeling about a half a lifetime behind the game. This cream from Shiseido has awesome reviews, and I'd love to add it to my daily skincare routine.

The Dreamer Flannel PJs // I'm a sucker for new PJs, and would love this new flannel pair (size medium, red/green lurex plaid) from Victoria's Secret. I just love how festive they are!

Kendra Scott Makeup Bag // My current makeup bag is about eight years old, and completely falling apart. No jokes. I LOVE how this one has built in storage for makeup brushes, and a separate area for makeup products. Bonus...it's currently 50% off!

Laura Mercier Spiced Rose Lipstick // I LOVE myself a good lipstick, and my go-to color of choice has recently been discontinued. I think this spiced rose color is gorgeous, and is a great somewhat 'nude' color for everyday wear.

Sonoma Lavender 'Snow Leopard' Neck Pillow & Slippers // On a recent trip to the spa, I was blown away by the amazing calming effect of a warmed lavender scented neck pillow. This would be just the thing to help me relax and recenter at the end of the day after dealing with all of C's wild and crazy toddler antics all afternoon. The matching slippers are cute too!

Wolf Designs Chloe Zip Jewelry Case // I'd love to add this good quality 'zippered' jewelry case to my travel must-haves. We are honestly on the road about 3 out of 4 weekends in the month going here or there, and my current jewelry case just doesn't get the job done (doesn't zipper shut, and is always popping open spilling jewelry). I love the layout of the compartments in this case, and think it is just the right size for travel.

Sigma Beauty Brushes // I recently started using brushes to apply my makeup, and am completely amazed at how much they make a difference. The brushes I currently use are not very good quality and always shedding, so I'd like to upgrade to some better quality brushes. The specific brushes I'd love to add to my collection are: Sigma F80 (foundation), Sigma F86 (under eye concealer), Sigma F70 (small concealer), Sigma F10 (Powder/Blush), Sigma E55 (eyeshadow), Sigma E45 (eyeshadow crease).

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer // Keeping with the makeup theme...I keep seeing this product from Smashbox popping up on various beauty blogs, not to mention it has amazing reviews. I'm curious to give it a try and see if it's all it's cracked up to be! I do currently use a lid primer...and believe it is an absolute must-have when wearing eyeshadow. Mine is starting to run low, so I'd also love to try this Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer.

Headband, Scarf & Gloves // The crazy snow coming down today has me wishing for new winter accessories. I love the light blue color of this headband/scarf/mitten collection from Loft, and think it'd look cute for tromping around outside on our outdoor adventures this winter.

Paddywax Bergamot & Mahogany Candle // I love myself a good smelling candle...(after C goes to bed usually since it's proven to be too much of a distraction to eating, playing, getting anything done besides exclaiming 50 times about how 'hot' it is)...and think this Bergamot & Mahogany scented candle from Paddywax smells great. There's also a scent I love from Pottery Barn called Winter Woods, but alas, it isn't available online.

Stay tuned for the rest of this year's gift guides!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...