Carter: 4 Months

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ahhh...our little guy is already four months old. In my eyes, he's still just a little peanut, but T, who sees newborns on a much more regular basis, comes home at least once a week and comments on how huge C is getting. This of course is paired with 'I just can't hold him, he's too heavy', or 'My arms hurt, I'm going to lay him down'. Seriously...what a wimp!



I found this adorable 'South Side' onesie at Fleshtones in the Central Emporium over the summer. T has a matching T-shirt, and loves to match C any chance he gets.


Last week was our four month checkup and the second round of immunizations. C measured 27 1/4 inches long and weighed in at 16 lbs. 6 oz. This puts him nearly off the charts in the 98% for height, and right around the 76% for weight. One might think he is just full of rolls, but because of his height, he's really more muscle than roll. If only we could all say the same...


4 MONTH FAVORITES

Blowing bubbles
Sucking on hands
Smiling, Babbling, and Laughing
Grasping toys
Playing on the Activity Mat
Boat Rides
Story time
One-on-one attention
Watching people eat


C laughing at me while I do a workout video. Thought it was hilarious! Needless to say...not the best motivator, and I've mainly been sticking to outdoor walks since being laughed at one too many times!


A little stud muffin!


4 MONTH LEAST FAVORITES

Loud noises
Being surprised
Being the center of attention around lots of people 
Staying up late
Shots


It's captured moments like these that make the 400+ pictures I had to sift through from month four all worth it...

MEMORIES AND MILESTONES


One of the most momentous milestones of month four was a trip to C's very first football game. 
It was a Friday night under the lights in my hometown to watch Uncle T as the Cats took on Garner. While I enjoyed being able to watch my youngest brother, C wasn't so convinced, and only made it until halftime. 



C's sleep schedule has drastically changed this month, and instead of late night partying, C is ready to call it a night around 8-8:30p.m. By ready to call it a night, I mean has entered into what I'd like to call 'Complete Meltdown Mode'. If I'm only halfway through my dinner, and not ready with a dry diaper, PJs, and a meal for baby, watch out! T-R-O-U-B-L-E! Other updates to this month's sleep habits include: a semi-regular morning and afternoon nap (I've started putting C in the crib in his room), the introduction of PJs, and saying goodbye to the sleep sack. 



Naps usually last about an hour give or take, and have been going relatively well in the crib 
on most occasions. At night, C is still sleeping in the pack'n'play in our room. The other night, T rolled over and told me he wants C to always sleep in our room. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that T enjoys seeing him first thing in the morning when he gets up. However, I think we'll probably start to transition him to his own room for sleeping around the six month mark. For right now, after a few good leg slams onto the mattress before falling asleep, he is a great little sleeper, and we're not too antsy to rock the boat.




We had so much fun on our first visit to the Clay County Fair, that we ended up going back three times. C loved the all of the animals, bright lights in the midway, and the awesome train setup at The Depot. Next year we may have to look into a weeklong pass!




First Iowa Hawkeye Game! At home that is... I believe C had to eat twice and take a nap during the game, so it never would have worked to actually go to the game in Iowa City, but we managed to make the most of it, and had our own little tiny tailgate at home. 


We removed the sling from the baby bath this month! C was not convinced he liked the change to his bath time routine during the first semi-submerged bath (he spent most of the bath holding his legs up out of the water), but he's since decided that he L-O-V-E-S it. He's been having a grand time splashing around, and seems to think the bath water belongs all over mom and the counter rather than in the tub!



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...