Get Your Spook On!

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Today is the first day of October, and I've got to say, we are loving the cooler fall temps, leaves crunching beneath our feet, and the arrival of cozy sweater weather. At the end of this month, is Halloween, and in an effort to make the most of this fun fall holiday, I've put together a little collection of festive kiddo-inspired items to get in the spirit. 

Kids Halloween

Board Books (DraculaGhosts in the House, Room on the Broom, Frankenstein) // Sippy Cups // Owl // Socks // Pajamas (here, here, here, here, here)

I have yet to jump off the diving board into any serious Halloween decorating (we are more about screaming when we see spiders in the house rather than adding any additional fakes), although I do love this garland and this black cat pillow if I were to go full throttle with the Halloween decor. Maybe next year when C is a little older and more curious about the holiday...

On the costume front, we are still working out if, and what we may all be dressing up as for the holiday. I did spot this witch skirt and this halloween headband that I could see myself re-using year after year for answering the door to any little trick-or-treaters that stop by our house, but I'm not sure I could justify the cost of the whole ensemble for one day a year...if only I could sew the skirt myself...Here's hoping it'll go on sale! I do think it'd be fun to do some kind of whole-family costume theme, but T & I haven't really come up with any great ideas, and it pretty much just sounds like more work than we're interested in putting in this year since C won't likely remember it, and he's really too young to do any sort of trick-or-treating himself except maybe to his grandparents houses for some non-candy treats. While I ponder the costume debacle, we have been starting to get into the spirit by reading the festive books above, and breaking out some new Halloween PJs (these PJs come in adult sizes, and they may or may not be appearing on our front doorstep very soon). In other festive news, I'm also seriously considering ordering this movie and starting a new family tradition of watching spooky not-so-spooky movies on Halloween.

Does your family have any Halloween traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...