Tropical Spinach Smoothie

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What a beautiful day it has turned out to be! This week has actually started to feel like Spring, and I couldn't be more happy about it. Average temps are finally hovering above 50 degrees, the sun is shining, and the lake behind our home is officially ice-free. Woohoo! It's a good thing too...after our vacation to the sunshine state, I was reminded that I haven't seen anything green outside for an endless number of months, and I'm not sure how much longer I can take it.


On that note, our yard is a huge pile of dirt, and it's driving me completely crazy trying to keep our front porch/garage/driveway clean. Ahhh yesss...let's not forget the wind. I think my time outside today ended up being a complete waste as every sweep I made just blew the dirt right back to where it came from. T & I are in serious need of some grass to help combat this dirt issue. Unfortunately, with the wind in our neighborhood (we live on the edge of town in a newer development with approximately ZERO established trees for wind blocks), I'm kinda doubting that grass seed will be an option, and we may be stuck with sodding just so that it doesn't blow away or wash down the slope behind our house when it rains. Ah the joys of home ownership...so many little things that add up to big things. At least the interior of our home is finally starting to come together (minus Baby W's room that is completely NOT put together, and currently has no furniture or direction)... OK enough, now on to the recipe...


Step One: Gather the ingredients. 


Step Two: Add everything together in a smoothie maker or blender.



Step Three: Blend. Adjust for desired consistency. Serve and enjoy!

TROPICAL SPINACH SMOOTHIE | Yield: 1-2 servings | Total Time: 2 min.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 C frozen fruit (the blend I used had pineapple, peach, mango and strawberry)
1/2 C spinach
1 banana
1/4 C orange juice
Ice

NOTE: I didn't measure these ingredients exactly when making my smoothie. You basically just want a small handful of all the solid ingredients (frozen fruit, spinach). Adjust to your desired tastes.

DIRECTIONS:

Combine all ingredients in a smoothie maker or blender, pulse until ice is crushed and well blended. Serve immediately.

What is your favorite smoothie recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...