A Very 'Pinteresting' Holiday Card Display

Monday, December 23, 2013

Quick! Name your number one DIY or craft inspiration website. Thinking...thinking...thinking... If you're anything like me, this is pretty much a no-brainer. PINTEREST! My latest crafting endeavor was more of a quick solution as to what to do with the pile of holiday cards that was starting to consume my countertop than anything else.


There's nothing I love more than receiving holiday cards in the mail (OK...maybe that's an exaggeration, but I do look forward to seeing what surprises come by way of snail mail around the holidays). I find the cards with newsletters to be especially fun as they keep me informed of friends and family from afar that I don't get to connect with on a regular basis. Yes - I do include a newsletter of sorts in my holiday cards. (In case you're wondering, I opted for 'holiday' rather than 'Christmas' cards this year. I'll be putting them in the mail Christmas Day, so look for them later this week).


This year, I decided I'd like to find a festive way to display these holiday greetings, and saw a great inspiration photo on Pinterest that I was able to copy in only about 2 minutes. All you'll need is ribbon, clothespins, and a cabinet door! If you have a slew of cards stacking up, this is an excellent last minute idea to put them on display before company arrives, and a fun conversation piece to show off all of those beautiful cards.


A look at our Christmas tree. The theme is travel, and all of the ornaments filling it are from destinations that we have visited or lived in. It is so much fun to think about all of the wonderful memories we've made over the years. This year's additions were: Boston, St. Kitts, St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Croix, and Grenada. Looking forward to adding a few more in the coming year!

Wishing you mailboxes full of snail mail this holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...