Scenes from Christmas 2012

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy Holidays! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!



This year, after much persuasion, T convinced me that we needed a live Christmas tree. I don't recall EVER having a live tree growing up, but do recall hearing about how much of a mess they are - they have to stay watered without leaking, they drop pine needles all over the floor, and they can be a fire hazard and potentially burn down your house. Not exactly the easiest or safest way to celebrate the holidays! 

After deciding it was best to buy a pre-cut tree instead of having to secure the necessary tools to chop down our own, we landed at Menards in an aisle full of options. T immediately locked eyes on a giant Clark Griswald type 9-foot tree that would have NEVER fit in our home, but after several tense minutes of pouting talking him down, we I ended up finding a much smaller 5-foot version that worked perfectly. After getting the tree home, I put T to work on the base, and I went to get all of the decorations out.


Over the years, we have made it a custom to bring home an ornament from all of our travels. It was so much fun to reminisce about our wonderful vacation memories as we decorated our tree.




Some of our favorite ornaments from left to right: Okoboji, where we were married and have spent many wonderful weekends; Jamaica, where one of my best friends was married; Riviera Maya, Mexico, where one of T's good friends was married; Puerto Rico, T & I's first big trip together outside of the continental U.S.; Costa Rica, where we spent our honeymoon; Badlands, South Dakota, a stop along a very loooooong cross country road trip to celebrate T's graduation, and my first experience camping.

A holiday ornament collection of our past travels may be the single greatest souvenir idea we have ever had, and a great way to remember all of our wonderful memories.

How do you decorate your tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...