Exploring Grandad's Bluff and Hixon Forest

Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Ours was relatively uneventful, and most of it was spent watching endless amounts of football. Originally, we'd thought of traveling to Bloomington, IN for the Iowa vs. Indiana game, but after learning that the forecast was rain, and the trip would take us over 9.5 hours, we decided to stay home.  It was a tough weekend for the Hawks, and Iowa lost to Indiana 24-21 after a hour and half rain delay (not a common occurrence for college football). Sad day...


In other news, T and I recently went exploring in La Crosse, and found ourselves on top of the bluffs for a beautiful late afternoon walk in Hixon Forest, and watching the sunset from Grandad's Bluff. If you are ever in the area, I would highly recommend checking out the Bluff if you get a chance. It's so unique to see the city from such a different vantage point.


A beautiful fall afternoon walk through Hixon Forest.


This part of the forest seems very Little Red Riding Hood to me. Looks like the perfect spot for the big bad wolf to hide!


 Can you find us?


T and I at Grandad's Bluff looking out over La Crosse.


A view from the top.


Sunset. Maybe my favorite picture of the day. Gorgeous.

 Did you do anything fun this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...