26 Weeks

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Week 26


How far along:
26 weeks

Best moments so far:
Celebrating Christmas. Obviously, new baby isn't here yet, but it was so much fun watching the boys open gifts and spending time with family. I expect our winter travel is soon to get pretty limited in the next month and a half or so, and I'm not sure how many more times we will all be together again before the new baby joins our family, so it was good to make some memories as our last Christmas as a family of four.

Maternity clothes:
Most of my clothes - other than sweaters - at this point are maternity. I have an entire tote of maternity wear in a closet downstairs that I haven't even opened yet, but the majority of what I didn't get out is summertime clothing that won't work this time of year unless I can convince T that we should sneak away for a little warm weather getaway yet this winter before baby comes...hint...hint :)

Sleep: 
Ok. The temperature in our home is so HOT that it makes sleeping hard. When G's bedroom door is shut at night (before T & I call it a night), his room has been dipping down to near 64 degrees BRRRRrrrrrrr! (It is on an outside corner of our house furthest from the furnace and has a drafty window). Meanwhile, T & I's room feels like a sauna as it is the closest bedroom to the furnace. It would be great if we could figure out how to get some more heat transferred to the other side of our house! So far shutting vents hasn't been helping :(

Miss Anything:
Energy. Supposedly, energy is supposed to come back during the second trimester, but I feel like mine has gone the opposite direction lately. Even my Grandma noticed how tired I was at Christmas. That being said, it is no small feat to keep up with our boys, so even if I wasn't pregnant, I'd probably still be exhausted by the end of the day!

Baby Movement:
LOTS of movement this week! I've been feeling baby move more during the day too which has been fun. T tells me that baby is about 1.5-2lbs this week, and baby's muscles are developing more and more every day making the kicks stronger and more noticeable. 

Cravings and Aversions:
Chocolate cake. I've been dreaming of this chocolate peppermint poke cake, but have been holding off until after my next appointment when I have to do a glucose test. If I pass, I think I'll make it for New Year's to celebrate!

Queasy or sick:
Nope. So far our house has avoided any serious sickness this winter. C had the stomach flu over Thanksgiving, but the rest of us have managed to escape without anything but occasional pesky winter colds.

Symptoms: 
Still fighting occasional back pain. I've also been super tired this last couple of weeks. By 9pm I have been struggling to keep my eyes open most nights, and thus find myself with approximately only one hour of the day to enjoy to myself without having to keep my constant attention on the boys or spend my entire time cleaning/doing laundry/picking up toys/etc. I'd be completely crazy without some 'me time' to decompress at the end of the day, so I guess one hour is better than none!

Looking forward to:
Hopefully passing my glucose test this week! It will likely be by some miracle if I do after all of the sugar and sweets from our Christmas celebrations over the last couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...