The Presidential Election

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy Hump Day! We've made it halfway through the week, and my what a whirlwind of a week it has been! Yesterday was election day, and America has voted to keep Barrack Obama as our nation's leader for 4 more years. T & I spent the entire evening watching election coverage as the votes came in, and shaking our heads at some of the politicians and commentators who really just don't understand the concept of treating everyone fairly regardless of gender, race, social standing or beliefs.


In the spirit of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, I would like to state something I'm thankful for in regards to election season. I am SO THANKFUL to have grown up in a family that did not push their individual beliefs about politics onto me. I understand that many people like to be vocal about their political standings with their friends and families, and that is your right. I am so very thankful however, that I was able to make my own informed decisions based on my personal experiences, values and beliefs. As an American, I value my freedom and the right to vote for whatever party I choose to favor whether that be Democrat, Republican, Independent or Other. Part of what makes us the unique wonderful individuals we are, is having the opportunity to make our own decisions. 



Did you get out and vote?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...