29 Weeks

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Week 29


How far along:
29 weeks!

Best moments so far:
We had a repeat ultrasound this week to check the location of my placenta, and everything checked out great, so I’m happy that is no longer weighing on my mind.

Maternity clothes:
Most. I’ve been thinking about snagging some new maternity/nursing pajamas to get me through until baby arrives and beyond, and spotted these from Kindred Bravely that are currently at the top of my list. I think they may be just the thing for my hospital bag and the hundreds of pictures I’ll probably wind up in. The ‘dress’ has great reviews, and can be worn for both sleeping and during the daytime. Bonus!

Sleep: 
Not wonderful. Our house has been sick this week - both flu AND strep - so we have all been pretty miserable as we try to get feeling better.

Miss Anything:
Good health. We have not left the house in what feels like a month (ok that’s an exaggeration...but still), and I think we would ALL benefit from some fresh air and sunshine!

Baby Movement:
Baby is still active, but has entered the weeks of pregnancy that will be more cramped, and thus not as active. At my ultrasound this past week, we determined that baby is breach (bottom down, head up), so I’m hopeful that before space is completely gone there will be some flipping going on! T says not to worry too much at this point, because chances are that baby will still flip.

Cravings and Aversions:
Chocolate. I made some banana oatmeal bars with mini chocolate chips that everyone seemed to enjoy, but ultimately, there was not enough chocolate for me, so I whipped up a batch of my favorite Hershey’s dark chocolate chip cookies.

Queasy or sick:
Oh so sick. Flu is not fun my friends. C tested positive for both flu AND strep on Saturday, and by Sunday night, both G & I had it too. Mostly, I’m just more tired than usual (is that possible?), and feel like I have a bad cold - headache, fever, body aches, stuffy nose, sore throat, etc. I did decide to take Tamiflu to help lessen the duration of this sickness, but so far, not feeling much improved.

Symptoms: 
Typical 3rd trimester symptoms of not being able to get around very well, and general exhaustion.

Looking forward to:
Feeling better! Typically, it takes about 10 days to get over the flu, so I’m praying that we are on the back end of this bug! I’ve also been feeling like I’m entering nesting mode a bit lately, and was thrilled to donate an entire carload of ‘stuff’ to Goodwill this past week. I think we are all more content with less clutter. We had so many toys the boys weren’t playing with, and clothes that had seen better days, that I think I had about six boxes worth of extra ‘stuff’ to donate. Our home has very little storage space, and the need to make room for some baby stuff gets closer every day! This weekend, T & I are headed to a Minnesota Wild hockey game in the cities, and we are both looking forward to a little adult time away before baby arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...