Throwback Thursday: G's Maternity Photos

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Otherwise know as...The photos I never knew I wanted...until I saw them... 



Truth. I was not intending to take maternity photos, but when I found myself in the position of choosing a new photographer (our photographer to this point is taking a step back to spend more time with family), the package I chose with our new photographer, Jen from Studio 1328, included a 30min maternity session. Figuring there was nothing to lose, I rustled through our closets last minute...literally, these pictures were scheduled and shot within a few days of deciding on our photographer on July 6th...and we headed out to the Dickinson County Nature Center for a few quick snaps. As you can tell from the photos, this was an early evening shoot, and timed up perfectly with when C would otherwise have been getting ready for bed...womp womp. He handled himself as best as any tired two year old might, and was a bit of a handful during the shoot. We tried and tried to get him to give me a hug or kiss...which he is usually all about...but no cigar on this particular evening. I left feeling pretty defeated by the whole ordeal, and wondering if we got any shots of C and I together. 


And then I got the pictures back, and amazing things had happened. I will forever be grateful to our wonderful photographer for capturing these priceless photographs of our family in the last few days as a family of three before baby arrived, and am soooo thankful that we took the time to have them taken. Baby Graham joined us just a short nine days after this photoshoot, and our lives have been forever changed.





















'There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind' 
- C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. Love these pics! And more importantly the people in them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...