Week 32

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Week 32 an update


How far along: 32 weeks

Best moment this week: 
T & I celebrated our four year anniversary on Thursday, so that was pretty exciting. Baby related, entering 32 weeks is also pretty exciting. Baby's heart rate this morning at my checkup was a steady 140bpm, and everything checked out as it should. C arrived at just over 37 weeks, so if this pregnancy goes anything like the last time, hopefully we'll be meeting our newest little sweetheart in just over a month.

Maternity clothes: 
Yes, aside from a few choice maxi dresses like the one I'm wearing here (from LOFT outlet...not available online).

Sleep: 
Could be better, probably if I got a pregnancy sleep pillow, but I'm so close to the end now that I really don't want to splurge on something I'd only use for a couple more months.

Miss Anything: 
Strength. I feel like walking up hills, or in particular, pushing C's stroller uphill really works my muscles more than I ever noticed it before. Is this a product of loosening muscles brought on by pregnancy, or the fact that C is over 30lbs and is just plain heavy? Who knows. Either way, I hope it doesn't mean I'm as out of shape as I sometimes can feel.

Baby Movement: 
Yes. Baby has been moving lots. I typically notice the movement mostly at night, or in the mornings while I'm still sitting down before C gets up.

Cravings/Aversions: 
Still sweets...although this could be the product of the recent holiday weekend and lots of goodies being constantly in front of my face. That being said, I have been pretty consistent about getting a walk and some exercise, so hopefully it will all balance out in the end. I think the rest of this week will be filled with simple meals for C & I while T is out of town. Bring on the frozen dinners and casseroles! Maybe we'll get crazy and order take-out!

Symptoms: 
I'm feeling pretty good this week, and haven't got any new symptoms to report. I didn't really experience any Braxton Hicks either, so I must have not overdone it, and drank enough to stay well hydrated. It helps that C has been, for the most part back into a normal routine, and hasn't been too bent out of shape about anything to be throwing tantrums and using my tummy as a punching bag.

Looking forward to: 
Lately, I've been thinking that I need to go through our newborn supplies and see what we need to stock up on before the new baby arrives. Getting out of the house for a quick run to Walmart for last minute supplies with a toddler and newborn in tow is highly unlikely, so it'd be nice to get at least some things organized beforehand with hopefully plenty of time to spare. Since this won't be our first rodeo, we do have at least a general grasp of the big ticket items that we'll be needing. Grandma S surprised us with this bassinet for new baby, and I can't wait to get it set up and test it out. Knowing T, this will be happening after baby arrives, but knowing that the box is physically in our home waiting to be unpacked is a step in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...