Week 31

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Week 31 an update


How far along: 31 weeks

Best moment this week: 
T & I snuck away over the weekend for a quick adults-only getaway to the cities. We had dinner at one of our favorite 'not exactly toddler friendly' restaurants, Bar La Grassa, and went to an 8p.m. showing of The Book of Mormon at the Orpheum Theater downtown. We stayed right downtown at The Ivy Hotel (great hotel & location!), and were able to walk back from the theater, and to a breakfast spot the following morning. Couldn't have asked for better! It was likely the last time in a long time that we will be able to have an adults-only getaway, and I am thankful that C has wonderful grandparents that were willing to step in and watch him overnight so T & I could get away one last time before my ever nearing travel cutoff date, and baby arrives.

Maternity clothes: 
Yes, I snagged the above dress from Pink Blush Maternity. Lots of cute, reasonably priced maternity options especially if you catch a sale.

Sleep: 
I continue to be more tired than normal, and have been calling it a night by or before 10:30p.m. since we got home from our weekend getaway. T is not very understanding of my tiredness, and pouts and rolls his eyes when I go to bed (at not that early of a bedtime if you ask me, but certainly not a real late one either). Entertaining an active toddler all day while growing a tiny human at the same time does not exactly spell e.n.e.r.g.y. at the end of the night!

Miss Anything: 
Food wise I'm missing the convenience of a cold meat sandwich, or a salad with cold meat. I did cave and have a small morsel of cookie dough last night...shhhh! Don't tell! Physically speaking, everything is just more difficult these days. Lifting C into his high chair, the car, or his crib is something I continue to struggle with on the daily, and I look forward to the day when he can do these things on his own. Just don't grow up too fast C!

Baby Movement: 
Yes. I do feel like baby's movement has slowed down some this week which is normal for this stage of pregnancy as space continues to get tight. That being said, C...quite by accident...seems to be using my tummy as a punching bag. Truly, he's just using it as a resting spot to put his hands to push himself up to a stand or leverage to reach across to grab another book off the side table. Either way, neither baby or I is very fond of the intrusion, and it generally results in immediate pain (for me) and lots of angry kicking (baby).

Cravings/Aversions: 
I find that I'm often not as hungry for dinner in the evenings. Whether this is just a by-product of the fact that I spend most of my day making, feeding, and cleaning up after mealtimes with C, or the fact that I'm just so ready to sit down and relax for a hot minute instead of standing to prepare yet another meal, or that I'm truly just not hungry is a question that may remain unanswered. Many nights, I'd be perfectly fine with just a bag of popcorn, or maybe a slice of frozen pizza. The less stress the better.

Symptoms: 
I've continued to have Braxton Hicks contractions off and on throughout this past week, and think it's always an enjoyable experience when baby is grinding into my bladder when I'm the farthest from home while on a walk...not. I think that this baby is situated lower in my abdomen than C was, and have been contemplating getting a maternity belt (considering this, this, or this) to help give me some more support and hopefully more comfort!

Looking forward to: 
T & I are celebrating our fourth anniversary this Thursday (where has the time gone?!?), and while we don't currently have anything planned, hopefully we are able to do something special to mark the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...