The Big 3-0!

Friday, July 10, 2015

Sooo....I have kind of a BIG birthday coming up in just over a week. Hard to believe I'll be the big 3-0 this year! Everyone thinks that hitting your 30s is this big deal to be mourned about (insert all of you perpetually 29 year olds out there!), but honestly, hitting 30 doesn't bother me at all, and I feel like I'm exactly where I should be. The first 30 years of my life have been pretty amazing, and I can't wait to see what the next 30 bring! Here's a little sneak of what's on my birthday list...

30th Birthday Wishlist

New Sneaks // Most days, my go-to daytime wardrobe is a variation of workout tops and black shorts/leggings/pants. Hot summer weather, outside exercise, and a little one who slobbers all over = a need for quick drying gear that can easily be wiped down. I'd love to have some new sneakers so I could switch up my routine a little. These printed Air Pegasus '83 sneaks (size 9) or these printed Roshes (size 8.5) are so cute with their flowery print, and would be fun to tie in specific colored tops or wear with jeans and a basic T. These dark grey Roshes (size 8.5) could be worn on a daily basis with pretty much everything in my closet making them a sure go-to shoe.

Sunglasses // My good pair of sunglasses got a scratch on the lens almost a year ago, but I've been wearing them anyways. I'd love a new pair of quality shades, and like the sporty classic look of Ray Bans. I'm currently leaning towards these or these, but probably need to go try them on in person to be sure which ones fit my face shape best. Ahhh...the perils of living so far away from the closest retailer. 

Flats // My current black flats are completely shot as they have been through a few too many seasons. These black flats from Born would be the perfect update going into late summer and early fall weather. I'm also loving these perforated silver flats from Olukai. (Size 9)

Clarisonic Mia 2 // I've heard so many good things about this facial cleansing system, that I'm completely sold on trying it out. My current skincare routine of the nightly makeup remover wipe and occasional full face wash just aren't going to cut it any more. I have a serious dislike of washing my face at the sink because it makes a huge mess all over the countertop and floor and I end up feeling like it would have been easier to just take a full shower rather than mop up all of the water that drips off my arms. This brush would help contain the splashing, and be the motivation I need to transition into a better daily routine.

Sephora Gift Card // Now that I'm officially about to leave my 20s behind, it's very important to me to invest in a better skincare and beauty routine. Something about the loss of pregnancy hormones and the accompanying glow, and the appearance of fine lines has me itching to try out some skin brighteners, peels, anti-aging serums, eye creams, and facial hydrating oils. This along with the fact that at my latest trip to the spa (thanks to a great Christmas gift from T), left me feeling like I have a skincare routine that is beyond inadequate. There are about 20 different products I'm dying to try, and a gift card would be just the thing to get me on the right track.

Black Dress // Along with upping the skincare routine, I've been working on weeding out my wardrobe and focusing on quality rather than quantity. When I'm not sporting my workout gear, you can almost always find me wearing a dress when the weather is agreeable. I'd love to add this dress (size 8) for late summer and early fall.

Digital Keyboard // The always on my list wish...a piano...ahem...digital keyboard. As much as I'd love to have a baby grand complete with a music room overlooking the lake, this just isn't in the foreseeable future in our current home. I grew up with a piano in the house, and LOVE to play any chance I get. I would love to have a keyboard to up the music ante in our home, and continue practicing...maybe even inspire a certain little mister to embrace the arts! I'm not toooo particular about which style or brand, but I do have some requirements when it comes to features. It MUST HAVE: 88 weighted keys, 128 key polyphony, a pedal, headphone output, decent speakers, and preferably be white with a white stand since the wall I would put it on is white, but I'd be OK with black too. I'm sure that the lovely people at Midwest Piano could help to find just the perfect one. :)

The Big Ticket // Surprise weekend getaway. A girl can dream right?!? I'd love to go to Seattle, Bar Harbor, Outer Banks, Charleston, New Orleans, New York City, San Francisco, Napa, Washington D.C....the list goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...