July Fourth Happenings

Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a festive July 4th weekend. Our little family of three spent the weekend surrounded by friends, family, food, and fireworks. Just about all we could ask for!





For a long time, July 4th has been my favorite holiday. Don't get me wrong, I love a good Thanksgiving turkey, and all things Christmas, but there is just something about being outside in the warm weather, summertime grill outs, and watching fireworks by boat that is hard to beat. It's the only holiday, aside from Christmas, that all of my siblings consistently get together for, and we always have so much fun hanging out lake side as a family. This year was no exception, and even more exciting, Uncle N finally closed the deal once and for all and asked his lovely girlfriend C to marry him. We are all so excited for them, and can't wait for 'Aunt' C to officially join the family!



C was in heaven with all of the extra attention from his aunts, uncles, cousin and grandparents all weekend. I'm sure he isn't going to know what to do this week now that we are back to our everyday routine after everyone left! Over the Fourth, we made time for stroller walks, boat rides, playing outside, and family photos (stay tuned!). The weekend was a bit of a whirlwind, but we wouldn't have it any other way.



This picture is a true classic, and captures C's little spirit just perfectly. #lovinglife







Uncle N and Aunt C truly spoiled C with all of their time spent playing on the John Deere 'riding mower' and inspecting sunglasses on the grass. I don't know if I've ever seen a kid so happy to have two pairs of sunglasses!


After the boat traffic died down on the lake, we hopped in Grandpa T's new Skeeter fishing boat for a sunset cruise on the lake. C LOVED it! He was fascinated with being so close to the water, and loved standing at the back of the boat watching the motor and the waves. I won't be surprised if we have a future fisherman on our hands!




Oh Grandpa! Thanks for taking me out in your new fishing boat!




Learning all about tractors with Great Grandpa K and cousin J. As this story was being read, I overheard many mentions of 'junk' and 'not enough green', so I can only assume that the boys have been thoroughly versed in what is expected in terms of farm equipment!





Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...