Week 31

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Week 31 | an update


How far along: 31 weeks

Best moment this week: Several walks on the beach with T, enjoying amazing seafood, and catching up with some of my relatives in Florida.

On a baby note:

I booked a local photographer to take some amazing newborn photos once Baby W arrives. Yeaa! Looking forward to capturing some of those precious moments of a cuddly, sleepy little newborn.

Also moving into baby appointments every two weeks! Everything checked out this week, and now I'm starting to feel the crunch to get all the necessities ready for Baby W's arrival. I've got a big hurdle when it comes to nursery - our crib/dresser/rocker won't be showing up until the end of April, and I really want to see what they look like situated in the room before ordering any bedding, wall hangings, or accessories. Once again, I find myself wishing I had a great interior designer friend for some inspiration. So far, the only thing I know for sure is white sheets. I did get the crib mattress and a couple of mattress pads ordered this week though, so Baby W will at the very least have a place to sleep. Whew!

Worst moment this week: Leaving Florida to come back to a brown landscape. Green grass just makes such a difference! The weather has been pretty chilly and super windy here at home this week (literally almost blew over on the walk I tried to go on). On a positive note...open water behind our house!

Things I miss: Warm weather. Dressing the baby bump when it is warm out is sooooo much easier than dressing in winter clothes. I can't wait until sundress season arrives.

Maternity clothes: Yes. Leggings (Motherhood Maternity), Tank (Target), non-maternity Jacket (Banana Republic - new purchase in FL! Love. Love. Love. Can't wait to continue wearing this post-baby.)

Sleep: Pretty good, although I much prefer the King sized beds we were able to enjoy on our vacation rather than the Queen sized version that sinks in the middle that we currently have at home. Any recommendations for a new mattress are welcome!

Movement: Still lots of movement this week, although starting to notice some sleep patterns. I'm supposed to start counting kicks during Baby W's most active time of day, but this tends to vary and is typically late at night (we have a night owl on our hands!), so haven't been too involved with it yet.

Food Cravings: Healthy food. Steamed veggies, salad, and fruit. Also made some dark chocolate rice krispy treats (obviously not healthy food, but also not a super heavy dessert either) that Baby W and I have been enjoying. We did so much eating out on vacation that I've been craving simpler, healthier meals with smaller portion sizes this week.

Food Aversions: Nothing really. T & I went to Taco House for dinner this week, and we both agreed that we're kind of over it. There are so many healthier and tastier options out there, especially now that some of the 'We're only open in the nice weather months' restaurants have started to re-open. On that note, can't wait to try out Rabab's at Brooks - they are even having Sunday brunch! I foresee this becoming our go-to spot this summer.

Queasy or sick: No, but it seems that T has caught another cold, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Belly button in or out: Flat and out on the top.

Rings on or off: On.

Looking forward to: Weather warming up?? Continued work on the baby scrapbook I'm working on for the little. It's coming along nicely, and I'm looking forward to filling it up with some pictures once Baby W arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...