An update on the new Casa...

Friday, August 30, 2013

Many of you have been asking...how is your house coming? Is everything on schedule? When are you moving? Etc. etc. etc. T and I would love to know the answer to those questions just as much as you. Until then...here is what I can tell you.

A view of the new house...from the lake. Can't wait to take advantage of that awesome deck! No, we do not have a boat. The lakefront portion of our lot is part of a neighborhood association. Someday we may get a boat, but not today.

1. CLOSING: We had a tentative closing date of July 31st, but knew going in that it likely wasn't going to happen since we pretty much changed everything about our home besides the layout...and even adjusted that some too! That's all to report for now. Hoping to be able to move in sometime in the next 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. INSERT: New windows to change to flow of the master bedroom.

Master bedroom with new window arrangement. Originally, there was a sliding glass door instead of bedside windows.

2. FRUSTRATIONS: Our number one most frustrating thing to deal with has been getting tile installed. Our tile has officially been available for install since the end of July. We are STILL waiting for it to be completed by the subcontractor who shall remain nameless. *On a side note: if you live in my neck of the woods and are looking for a tile installer, the guy is good, but beyond slow. Message me for details.

A sneak peak of our basement before the tile went in...the wires are for floor heat

3. PROGRESS: So far, although the progress has been painfully slow, we are happy with the way the finishes are turning out. I have spent countless hours choosing little and BIG details to help give our new home the elegance and character that we love so much.

This is the granite in the kitchen. We love it. The color is 'Silver Fantasy', and it has a really neat marble-like look to it.

4. THE DETAILS: One of our favorite and most statement-making finishes is the lighting. I chose some FABULOUS kitchen and dining room lights (both from Capital Lighting) that I couldn't be more excited about. I stressed about kitchen and dining room lighting more than any other detail in the house. T was not satisfied with the standard frosted glass pendants or chandeliers that I had originally been planning (not so much because I loved them, but because I was trying not to go over budget too much). Because of this, I forced him to be he enjoyed being more involved and looking at countless options before the final lighting decisions were made. We couldn't be happier with the look, not to mention we don't have to stress about it anymore.


So far, T is convinced I should have been an interior designer, and my builder is taking some of my ideas for his own personal home he is currently building. This week, after asking me if I'd done this before, he told me 'You've got some class!'. I thought to myself...you, sir, should have seen that coming at you from a mile away.


I hope you have a spectacular weekend! And GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you have any suggestions of recipes I should try, fun ideas to do with the kiddo, or a suggested adventure to add to our bucket list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...